- 1 About the ride from Hue to Ninh Binh
- 2 Book Sleep bus Hue to Ninh Binh
- 3 What to see when traveling from Hue to Ninh Binh
- 4 How to get from Hue to Ninh Binh
- 5 What is the best time to visit Ninh Binh?
- 6 Hue to Ninh Binh Route Information
About the ride from Hue to Ninh Binh
When traveling the 575 kilometer (357 mile) distance between Hue and Ninh Binh, you have two transportation options you can choose from:
- A comfortable sleeper bus that will take you to Ninh Binh in around 12-14 hours
- A cozy, modern train that takes between 14 and 16 hours to arrive in Ninh Binh
All buses leave Hue late in the evening, and you’ll have a chance to catch up on your sleep during your journey. When it comes to trains, you can pick between two departure times, which can be in the morning, or in the evening, based on your preferences. Traveling on a train in Vietnam is a unique way to experience the country, and there are several options available, from shared cabins to luxury, private cabins.
Book Sleep bus Hue to Ninh Binh
Hue to Ninh Binh by bus Or contact me by WhatsApp: +84 96 100 3512
What to see when traveling from Hue to Ninh Binh
The town you’ll arrive in, Ninh Binh, is the central town of the area that’s also called Ninh Binh. Most of the main attractions are scattered outside of the town. The town of Ninh Binh is the perfect base for the trips to see other nearby attractions.
The main attraction of the Ninh Binh area is Tam Coc, a scenic area with beautiful limestone hills that overlook the emerald green rice paddies. The best thing about Tam Coc is that it’s still off the tourist radar. You might still come across a fellow traveler or two during your visit, but there won’t be any annoying crowds. Near Tam Coc, there’s also a small village called Van Lan, where you can go to buy some local handicrafts. If you don’t feel like walking around, you can hop on a boat tour and experience the area from the water.
Back in the town, you’re probably hungry from all-day activities, and it’s time to try out some of the local delicacies. Ninh Binh’s specialty is snails, and you can get a tasty portion of them in many restaurants and joints all around the town. Snails are usually prepared with hot chilies and aromatic lemongrass.
Not in the mood for experimenting with food? Head to the Cho Bop Market, where you’ll find all the other things Vietnam is known for, including yummy noodle soups, fried foods, and more. Grab a crunchy meal, and pair it with local draft beer, bia hoi.
Some other attractions in this area include numerous religious centers, Phat Diem Cathedral, Bich Dong Pagoda, or the Buddhist complex Chua Bai Dinh. Besides these pagodas and temples, Ninh Binh has marvelous nature, and some of the places worth visiting are Van Long Nature Reserve, Cuc Phuong National Park, and the Mua Caves.
How to get from Hue to Ninh Binh
Take a bus
When it comes to traveling on a bus through Vietnam, the buses that operate on this route are far more clean and comfortable than buses on some other routes. The buses have reclining seats, and most of them depart in the evening. The buses are equipped with blankets, A/C, toilets on board, and some might have WiFi provided.
Taking a train
Hopping on a train from Hue to Ninh Binh is a unique way to travel through Vietnam. The train cabins are modern, clean, and comfortable. Every train has A/C and toilets on board.
What is the best time to visit Ninh Binh?
The best time to visit Ninh Binh is during May and June. The harvest season is at its peak during this time of the year. You’ll have a chance to enjoy gorgeous golden fields, lotus flowers in Tam Coc and Bich Dong, and the nearby caves and mountains. You can also visit it during other times of the year, but May and June have the perfect weather conditions.
Hue to Ninh Binh Route Information
The distance between Hue and Ninh Binh is 575 kilometer (357 mile)
There are 2 ways to get from Hue to Ninh Binh, including train,bus.
The earliest departure leaves at 05:00 and has a duration of 11 hours.
The fastest way to travel is by bus, which takes approximately 5 hours 30 minutes.
Depending on how you choose to travel, the following amenities are available: .
Hue to Ninh Binh by train
- Starting Price: $20-50 USD
- 2 departures a day, in the morning or in the afternoon.
- There are 12 travel classes for this journey, including: Shared Cabin for 4, Shared Deluxe Cabin for 4, First Class Sleeper, VIP Cabin, Second Class Sleeper AC, Second Class AC Seat (Reunification Express), First Class Sleeper (Reunification Express), Second Class Seat, Premium Class, Second Class Seat Fan, Second Class Sleeper and Cabin 2x.
Hue to Ninh Binh by bus
- Starting Price: $15 -17 USD
- 2 departures a day, start at 4:30 PM
- There are 2 travel classes for this journey, including: Sleeping bus and VIP sleeping bus.